Leave No One Behind Research Coordinator
WADA NA TODO ABHIYAN (WNTA)
Wada Na Todo Abhiyan (WNTA) is a national campaign to hold the government accountable for its promise to end Poverty, Social Exclusion & Discrimination.
Wada Na Todo Abhiyan emerged from the consensus among human rights activists and social action groups who were part of the World Social Forum 2004 (Mumbai), aimed to create an environment through forceful, focused and concerted effort and try to make a difference in India where one-fourth of the world’s poor exist and they continuously experience intense deprivation from opportunities to learn, live and work in dignity.
The campaign tracks and advocates along three pillars –i) Annual Civil society report on the Constitutional mandates and election promises made by the Union government, ii) Peoples’ Manifesto from across the country to the government before the union elections, iii) achievements on the SDG goals and targets. In all these processes, the concerns of the socially excluded and marginalized are center-staged.
‘Leave No one Behind’ & ‘Life of Dignity for All’ with special focus on the most marginalized Communities such as Dalits, Tribals, Urban Poor, Women, Children, Youth, LGBT, Fisher Community, Commercial Sex Worker, Differently Abled and others to mainstream them across programs, policies and development goals of the central and state governments.
- Develop and direct given research assignments
- Formulate effective and efficient research processes
- Closely work with the WNTA team in developing strategies and plans for the campaign
- Engage and track SDG processes at the global and national level
- Comfortable with Travelling
- Design surveys, questionnaires, polls etc. specific to research requirements
- Test research methodologies to confirm the intended purpose of evaluation
KNOWLEDGE – SKILL SETS REQUIRED
- Well aware of the national and global (SDG) development policies and strategies with a focus on Leave No One Behind
- Connect to the civil society organizations, networks, and processes
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and skills such as proposal writing etc and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Effective Organizational skills, Presentation skills, Communication, numerical skills, Analytical Skills. IT and Analytical skills.
- Ability to manage/ prioritize works from several sources and should have the mature way of handling things.
- Microsoft Office and SPSS
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Seniors.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Educational qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Research, Economics, Social Work or related field required, Master’s preferred.
- 5-7 years work experience in the similar setting.
- Good command over English and Hindi
50,000/- negotiable based on experience
Please familiarize yourself with the Campaign by reading through the web pages of http://wadanatodo.net/ before you apply.
Based on the job description and the website, within 200 words, please provide a cover letter explaining what role have you been in previously, that is closest to the advertised vacancy and for how long?
We thank all applicants for their interest;
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be called for the interview.